Leo Messi bid farewell this Sunday to FC Barcelona in a press conference which took place at the 1899 Auditori at Camp Nou.
The Argentine star, in between tears, explained his feelings regarding his departure and looked back at his career as a Barça living legend. Below we pick 10 quotes from the number 10:
· “It’s time to say goodbye to Barça. It has been a long time, all my life. I can’t be more proud of what I have done and experienced in the city and I know that after a few years away I will be be back – that I have promised to my kids also.”
· “It’s really difficult to leave after so many years. After spending most of my life here, I was convinced I could continue here at home. I was not prepared. Last year I was, I was convinced about leaving but this year no.”
· “I want to thank all may team mates and former team mates. I have always tried to behave with humility and respect and I hope that is what stays here with people, as well as everything I had to fortune to give to the Club.”
· “I would also like to thank the people’s affection towards me, I would have liked to say goodbye in a different way. To be able to do it out there on the field, hear my last ovation, have them close, hear the cheering…I leave the Club without having seen them for a year and a half. I have always been up front with the members and fans, what was important for me was to tell the truth to the people who gave me so much, as I did for them. We have grown up and had fun together.”
· “We have had lots of memorable moments, also painful ones but the people’s affection has always been the same. I have felt the recognition and the love that I also feel for the Club. Let’s hope I can return at some point and help as best I can because this Club is still the best in the world.”
· “It’s very difficult to just think of one moment. There have been many good ones and some bad but perhaps the moment that stays with me is when I made my debut, which was the start of my dream coming true.”
· Everything was agreed and then at the last moment, because of the issue with La Liga, it could not be done. I did all I could to stay, that’s what I wanted but it could not be done.”
· This is the most difficult moment of my sporting career. I have had a few difficult moments, many defeats but nothing like this. There is no coming back, it’s the end at this Club and now a new story begins.”
· “Barça is the biggest team in the world and they have a great squad. The Club is more important than anything and people will get used to that. At first it will be strange but they will come around.”
· “It’s very sad and tough but we are taking it in as we can. When I leave here it will be even worse but I will be accompanied by my family and I will keep on playing football which is what I like best. The people at Barça know me and they know I am a winner that wants to remain competitive.” FCBarcelona
Reach the right people at the right time with Nationnewslead. Try and advertise any kind of your business to users online today.
Kindly contact us for your advert or publication @ Nationnewslead@gmail.com Call or Whatsapp: 08168544205, 07055577376, 09122592273