Bulabuduwaye who is alleged to have conducted the killing of all abducted persons condemned by the group, surrendered along with his family, according to a Counter Insurgency Expert in the Lake Chad, Zagazola Makama.
Makama in a series of tweets on his handle @ZagazOlaMakama yesterday, said Bulabuduwaye, his wives and children surrendered to the troops of Operation Hadin Kai last Monday.
Makama quoted sources as saying Bulabuduwaye carried out the death sentence on all condemned persons under the late Boko Haram leader, Abubakar Shekau.
He said: “The sources said that the former terror kingpin had appeared in many grisly footages showing fighters aligned with the Jamā’at Ahl as-Sunnah lid-Da’wah wa’l-Jihād, cutting the throats of prisoners and shooting captives after accusing them of being infidels.
“The sources said Bulabuduwaye and his team of executors had murdered at least 1,000 persons that were captured and sentenced to death.
“Bulabuduwaye was among the Commanders who fled the last year’s invasion of the terror group’s stronghold in the Sambisa forest area by a column of Islamic State West Africa Province (ISWAP) fighters, in May 2021 which resulted in the death of Abubakar Shekau.
“He broke away after refusing to pledge his allegiance to the Islamic State (ISIS), to form a camp in Kote village in the axis of Banki, where he was hiding with other fighters.
“He surrendered due to the sustained intensified intelligence-led Air Strikes, heavy artillery bombardment and ground offensives by the Nigerian Military troops of Operation Hadin Kai.
“It was difficult for him to access food and other logistics coupled with the flooding which already ravaged most of their settlement.
“He also feared battlefield elimination by ISWAP, being one of those fingered to be eliminated for refusing to pay allegiance.” Continue Reading