A graduate of Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba-Akoko (AAUA) Ondo state, identified as Gbenga Moses, was found dead inside his room in the university town.
Gbenga popularly known as Pablo who was waiting for his call-up letter from the National Youths Service Corp (NYSC) was suspected to have died of food poisoning.
The remains of the young man who graduated from the Department of Philosophy was found unconscious in his room after he failed to come out from his room.
It was discovered that the deceased and his girlfriend were rushed to an hospital after eating a meal from an undisclosed restaurant in Akungba.
According to a source, the young man and his girlfriend were treated at Aduloju Hospital in Iwaro and discharged but the young man died later.
Another source said the deceased and his girlfriend were treated for typhoid but said Gbenga was found dead inside his room after neighbours broke into his room when he was not seen the next day.
“The moment we noticed he was not responding to calls and knocked on his door, we barged into his room through his window around 11 am and found him dead. He is a lovely and entertaining person.
“Yesterday, we were made to understand that his girlfriend’s health was critical, but she has been discharged.”
The source disclosed that Gbenga was not the first person to complain about food poisoning, saying some few weeks ago, it took God’s intervention to save a student who ate poison in an undisclosed restaurant.
The Dean of Student Affairs, Prof. Olusegun Akanbi, who confirmed Gbenga’s death, who confirmed the development said the young man died on Sunday morning.
He said, “The Head of the Department of Philosophy just called me and it was discovered that he passed on this morning, and his parents had already come.”
The spokesman for the institution, Victor Akinpelumi, also informed newsmen that an investigative team has been set up by the institution to unravel the true situation about the incident.