A woman and two of her children were on Saturday evening killed after stored Premium Motor Spirit (PMS) and Dual Purpose Kerosene (DPK) exploded in their makeshift abode in Lagos.
The incident occurred around 4:30pm at Dantata Area of Satellite Town, along Old Ojo Road, in Amuwo Odofin Local Government Area (LGA).
Nationnewslead gathered that the woman identified as Omolade Olabanji, 33, was burnt to death when she rushed into the shop to rescue her two toddlers said to be sleeping at the time of the explosion.
It was learnt that the family used the makeshift structure as their shop where they sold black market petroleum products.
The woman’s husband, David Olabanji was alleged to have been involved in adulteration of the products when they exploded.
The man was said to have sustained fire burns and rushed to the hospital for treatment, his wife and children were said to have been burnt beyond recognition.
Nationnewslead gathered that the woman and her children were visiting the man at the shop as they usually did and have not stayed long when the explosion occurred.
Confirming the incident, police spokesman, SP Benjamin Hundeyin, said investigation had commenced.
He said: “Preliminary investigation shows that the owner of the shop was adulterating PMS in his shop. It exploded and his two children, aged three and five, who were sleeping inside the shop were caught in the fire. The mother rushed in to save the children and she also got burnt.” Continue Reading